Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2016

August Mini Musings




Tell Me Three Things: Just an OK YA for me. I had a little bit of a hard time buying that everyone at the school would be so not accepting of her. While, I did like the interactions with SN, a lot of the story got a bit angsty and tedious. I ended up skimming to the end to see if I was right about SN's identity. This will probably bit a hit with teens, but as an adult I was rolling my eyes a lot.

The Daughter: I know this was a DNF for Autumn.  I ended up making it through to about 75% and them skimmed to the end.  I was pretty underwhelmed by the book.  I also had a hard time finding a character to like.  This isn't one I would really recommend.

Ruthless: Scientology, My son David Miscavige and Me:  This one was just OK for me.  I don't think I walked away from this one with much more information about the organization than I have gotten from other books.  The author tells us a little of David's early life, but there was really no insight into how he became so powerful in the church.  After reading about Ron's experiences while under David's rule, I do believe even more than I did that the church has turned into a money grubbing cult and has changed significantly from what it was when the founder L. Ron Hubbard was alive.  

The Space Between: I loved this one even more than the first.  Loved Patrick and Andy's relationship.  The texts between them were a really cute and fun part of the book.  Can't wait for the next one!


No comments: