Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Tangle Up in Blue by Marcia Evanick


Author: Marcia Evanick
First published by Loveswept in 1996

Belulah Crawford is nothing like the grandmotherly type Matt Stone expected in a housesitter. Now the straight-arrow hunk has to convince the free spirit that playing for keeps is the only game worth winning.

I was perusing my bookshelf at home and found this random romance that I must have found at a yard sale.  I had never heard of this author before, so I gave it a shot.  After finishing the book, I looked to see if she had written anything recently only to find that sadly she passed away in 2012.  She wrote almost 40 books in her career.  I'm going to have to track down some more of her books in the future.

Anyway, Tangled up in Blue was a sweet story.  Belulah (Blue) is house sitting for Matt when he arrives home 8 months too soon.  They enter into an arrangement that allows her to stay in the home through the end of the semester at school. I though they were a cute couple.  The fall for Matt was easier than it was for Blue.  I could understand her not wanting to be strapped down to one place after reading about her upbringing.  But they are a couple you could find yourself rooting for.  

I do recommend this throwback if you can find a copy.  It's short and sweet and definitely a fun read.

No comments: