Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2017

September Mini Musings


Twisted Up: This is the first in the Taking chances series.  I reviewed the third one earlier this month.  This was a cute romance.  I loved the friends to lovers story-line.  Avery and Jake were perfect for each other. I loved their banter. Along with that, I loved the closeness of Jake and his two cousins, as well as Avery and her two friends.  Definitely one I recommend reading.

Tangled Up:  Not my favorite of the trilogy, this is he second book.  While I ultimately liked the HEA, it took me a while to buy into the couple.  This friends to lovers took forever.  There was too much wishy-washyness on the part of Bree.  I also didn't like that this one took place pretty much at the same time as Twisted up.  There were replayed scenes that I ended up skimming over.  Still the series is fun and cute.

The Exceptionals:  This was a random pick from the library. It's a YA, but reads more like a middle grade book.  It was just OK.  I think the world building could have been better.  There was also a semi-love triangle and insta-love.  (insert eye-roll)  I'm still not sure what the evil guy was supposed to be doing or why Claire was the girl to fulfill the prophecy.  The ending leaves it open for a sequel, but it doesn't look like we will get one since this came out five years ago.

No comments: