Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Without Promises by Delancey Stewart

Author: Delancey Stewart
Publisher:Entangled Embrace
Date of publication: May 2018

Trent McNeil was a classic trust-fund kid until he watched a team of firefighters save his family home. From that moment on, he rebelled against the path his parents were determined to keep him on. Now a San Diego firefighter, he knows he'll eventually be expected to take over the family empire. But until that day, his only plan is to have fun and enjoy life.

After a childhood of upset and uncertainty, Amy Hodge is going to make something out of herself. She has her future all planned out. She's starting medical school and is going to be busy...far too busy for a relationship. But she does have time for a quick fling before she buckles down and concentrates on her studies.

Amy quickly realizes that playboy Trent is not all he seems to be. Never relinquishing control and sticking to her plans has done well for Amy, but no one has ever made her want to throw caution to the wind like this sexy firefighter.


Without Promises is the follow up to Without Words, which I read last year and loved.  When I finished it, I was wishing we could have gotten Dani's sister Amy's story which seemed to be going on at the same time as Dani;'s.  I was happy to see this book featured Amy and Trent. 

For the most part, I enjoyed the book.  I didn't love it as much as I did the first one.  I'm not sure I really felt the connection between Trent and Amy.  Amy didn't feel as invested in the relationship or even the "fling" as Trent did.  The one thing that I felt was missing was more back story on Amy.  I  know there was more of it in the first book but it has been a year since I read that one. Had there been more here, I might have understood her aloofness more.  I mean we do get a little, but it wasn't enough for me.  I felt like Trent grew the most out of the two.  Even at the end I still felt like Amy could have moved on and been fine even though they got their HEA.

This it still an enjoyable romance.  I would recommend it was well as the first one.  I'm looking forward to seeing if Chad and Rebecca get a story as well.


No comments: