Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2018

October Mini Musings




Universal Harvester:  To be honest, I'm not even sure what I read.  It was NOT the horror book that I thought I was getting.  It was instead confusing and lacked any direction.  It was disjointed and often hard to follow which perspective I was reading.  I am surprised at all of the positive reviews.Do yourself a favor and skip it.

Wild on My Mind:  This was a cute romance that dealt with forgiveness and bullying.  It deals with how we carry  bad feelings from our teens into our adult years and learning to let go of them.  I liked the ending, especially how Bowie stood up to his ex. However, I didn't care for the animal perspectives.  I'm not a fan of those in general as the usually pull me out of the narrative.

Dolly:  This is another short story that was very disappointing.  I was expecting something spooky, Who wouldn't love a haunted doll story? But I just found it boring.  The ending was supposed to be shocking, but since there was no explanation or background for it, I was not satisfied. It's a novella, so it was a quick read.  But in my opinion, not really worth it.


No comments: