Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Books I Didn't Finsish - December edition



Sawkill Girls:  I have seen a lot of rave reviews for this book.  So, I'm clearly in the minority.  I found it confusing and boring at the same time.  There is a big reveal in the beginning of the book that took away some of the mystery.  I didn't like any of the characters.  I gave up about 30% in.

Broken Girls:  I gave up fairly early on with this book.  I tried to read it a few times.  But I never made it past chapter 7.  I was bored.  I didn't like the dual time lines.  The characters were forgettable.  There was a distinct lack of supernatural element.  I wanted a good ghost story, but I wasn't going to get it here.

Strange Grace:  As I was reading this, I felt like I was reading a boring version of The Village.  The world building was really bad  At first, I thought the beginning was a prologue about something that happened years before.  But, no.  It was the whole story.  I quit at about 20%.

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time:  I only made it to the third chapter in this one.  There was little chemistry between the two main characters.  I wasn't a fan of the age difference.  He kept calling her "kid" in the beginning and that made me cringe.  I just knew this one wouldn't be for me.

No comments: