Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2019

DNF'd Books of September


How to Love a Duke in Ten Days: I'll be honest, I was blind-sided by the prologue in this book.  One thing that I don't enjoy is reading about a rape as it happens on the page.  It doesn't help get me interested in reading the romance that will follow.  I'm not usually one to say there should be trigger warnings, but this one needed it.  I had no interest in continuing after that scene.

Turn of the Key:  This book has been really hyped all over the Internet.  For it's it's just another book by this author that I DNF'd . I have to finally admit defeat.  I just don't get along with her writing.  I was really bored. I didn't care for the characters.  The parents were unrealistic.  I didn't care to find out what happened in the end.

Mr. Right-Swipe:  This book features one of the most unlikeable main characters I have ever read.  I knew within the first chapter that I was going to hate her.  She is on a blind date and it a major bitch from the beginning.  I gave up after that first scene.  No wonder she hasn't found a husband.

Three Weeks with Lady X:  The synopsis of this book didn't prepare me for  the actual premise of book.  I stopped halfway through.  I was really turned off by hero pursuing the heroine on the side while wooing another girl because she is better suited to be a duchess.  Then trying to pawn the heroine off on his best friend.  Gross.

Temper:  I'm tired of trying to wade through books with really unlikable characters.  I decided at about 30%, i didn't want to read about any of these people any more.  None of them were remotely believable or interesting. 

Wild Bird:  I thought this would be a good coming of age YA.  However, I found it very unrealistic.  I didn't buy Wren's issues.  She came across as more of an ungrateful brat who needed some good discipline that she clearly wasn't getting from her parents.  Compared to the other girls' issues, hers was laughable.  I wouldn't recommend this one.

No comments: