Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2020

January DNF's



Love Hate Thing: I only got a few chapters into this book before I stopped reading.  The main character, Nandy, was over-the-top spoiled.  I also thought it was kind of weird that the reason Trice was moved to a richer neighborhood was to get away from drugs and violence.  Yet, one of the first places we see Nandy is at a party with her rich, UNDERAGE friends and drugs and alcohol are in ample supply.  Nope, not for me.

Chestnut Man:  I made it about halfway before I gave up.  Even now, I can't really tell you what was going on in this book.  It was boring and too convoluted with too many characters.   I had high hopes, but it just didn't hold my interest.

The Rogue of Fifth Avenue:  I ended up DNFing this book because I couldn't stand the main heroine.  I highly disagreed with her justification of stealing from the rich to help the poor.  Stealing from anyone, rich or not, is still stealing.  She came from a privileged background and could have started her own charity to help the poor.  I wouldn't recommend this one.

Hooked:  I was really disappointed in this book because I enjoyed the first one.  I ended up DNFing it because, again, I hated the main heroine.  She was a social media influencer and it was really over the top. I just had no patience for her antics.  I'll probably read the next one though because I want to Melissa and Cary's story.

Pursuit:  I wasn't a fan of the writing style with this book.  It was very disjointed and I was really confused as to what was going on.  It was like the author just wrote a stream of consciousness and said, "Meh, good enough." 

Silk is for Seduction:  I found this book boring.  I didn't like any of the characters.  I also wasn't buying into the romance between the hero and heroine.  They were just too different.  The Duke was going to be marrying someone else and ends up seducing the woman who offered to make her wedding trousseau.  I just found that really off putting.

No comments: