Pages

Friday, January 31, 2020

Novella Musings



The Test: I read this a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to decide what to think.  Maybe if it had been longer, I would have enjoyed it more.  But the longer I think about it, I am sure I would have DNF'd it.  I'm  sure the author was trying to convey a commentary on immigration  and the hoops immigrants have to go through  I hated the ending and wouldn't recommend this one. It just wasn't for me.

The Earl's Christmas Pearl:  This was a really sweet historical romance that I actually read around Christmas time.  I loved Pearl and Own together.  It was a fast love story, but one worth reading.  Pearl and Owen are an easy couple to fall in love with.

13 Hours:  This had the potential to be a great short story. I love stories about people locked in a room with no idea why they are there.  I was buying into it right up until the ending. That ruined  the entire story for me.  It was dumb and I was really happy I hadn't spent hours on this book.  Skip it.

Sh*tshow:  When I finished this one, I felt very indifferent about it.  It wasn't great and it wasn't horrible.  It was OK.  I was less interested in the political stuff than I was the other storyline about the main character and his wife.  The politics wasn't over the top or off-putting.  I was expecting it to be a lot worse.

No comments: