Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Books I DNF'd in April





These Deadly Games
:  I really wanted to love this one, but I lasted about 40% before I gave up.  I really could not stand any of the characters in the book.  They were all horrible to each other.  The entire presmie started becoming too unbelievable for me.  I gave her first book only 2 stars, so maybe this author jsut isn't for me.


The 7th Victim
:  I've had this one lingering on my TBR for a long time.  I finally gave it a try and ended up DNFing it really early on. I hated the main character from the start.  I began questioning her decisions right away.  Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for the tortured cop trope. I also didn't care for the writing.  


The Ex-Hex
:  Once again, I ended up DNF'ing this one early on.  I didn't like the protagonist. She was kind of pathetic and ridiculous. I knew I would not want to follow her in any subsequent books. I also felt like I was thrown into the middle of the story.  Maybe the magic system is explained more later in the book, but I honestly had no desire to find out.  


The Girl in Ice
: I never would have thought that a book about a mysterious young girl being found frozen in ice and surviving could be a bore...but I was wrong.  This book was so boring.  I was about 30% in and seriously nothing was happening. The main character was forgettable.  The setting was forgettable.  I was also not in the mood to read a story that kept pushing climate change in my face.  I get enough of that every day in the news.  


No comments: