Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2022

May Mini Musings (5 Mini Reviews)



Gone to Ground
:  This is the  sixth book in the Detective Kay Hunter series.  It is a nice addition to the series.  The mystery was fairly solid.  I liked how the relationships between the team has been developing over the series.  I will continue on with the next one soon.

The Locked Door
:  I thought this was a really good thriller .  It was a little slow in the beginning, but at about the 1/3 mark it picked up.  There were a bunch of twists.  I do love an unreliable narrator.  I do recommend reading this one.

Rhythm
:  This is a very short story about two people who have insta-love, yet don't communicate.  All of their time apart could have been avoided with one conversation.  Finn was way too insecure for my taste.  I was glad it was short.  I have a hard time believing these two would last.  The only one that had any rational thought was the band mate who pointed out the obvious.  Not sure I will continue with the series.

Death of the Black Widow:  I has really high hopes for this book.  I love both of these authors.  I was sadly disappointed with their combined effort.  This one wasn't what I was hoping for.  for a supernatural thriller, it's boring and kind of predictable.  The ending was less than satisfying.   The book goes between the past and present.  but it wasn't balanced.  I don't recommend this one.

Fractured Honor:  I really enjoyed this first book in the Crimson Point series.  The main focus of the book is Beckett and Sierra.  However, it also sets up the series for other character romances down the line.  I loved this couple.  Loved the dog and the kid next door.  I will issue a trigger warning  for pedophilia.  That I didn't expect.  The twist at the end was unexpected.  I can't wait to read the next book!

No comments: