Pages

Monday, May 30, 2022

Books I DNF'd in May



Bombshell:  I have not ever really connected with the books from this author.  I gave it another shot.  I DNF'd this one early on.  I didn't like the writing. I didn't like the characters. And I felt like I should have read previous books in an series before this one.  I give up with this author.



Highland Warrior: I loved the first one and had high hopes for this one.  Instead, I was so put off by the opening scenes.  I didn't feel the chemistry between the main couple.  In fact, it just felt icky to me.  It was also missing the great banter that I loved form the first one.  



Mr. Wrong Number: Can we stop writing heroines who are SO clumsy and SO quirky?  No one is that clumsy and full of bad luck.  Unless they are just not paying attention.  I gave up about 25% of the way in.  I found Olivia annoying and didn't care to read to the end.


A Forgotten Murder:  I am sad that I DNF'd this one.  I had really liked the first two books. But this one was just boring.  It dragged on and on.  I gave up at 50%.  There were too many characters to keep track of.  I had a feeling it was also going to be more "will they or won't they" between Kate and Jack.  Not sure I will continue with the series.



No comments: