Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Books I DNF'd in June



One of Us is Dead:  I think I'm done with books about women who have literally nothing to whine about. I was about 30% in and could not find one person to like in this book.  I felt like I was in high school again only these were grown women being petty.  I definitely don't recommend it.  


The Michigan Murders
:  I DNF'd this one about 40% in.  I was really bored.  I feel like very few people can write true crime.  This author isn't one of them.  It's too long and meanders.  I ended up looking up the details on the internet and was more entertained.


The Boardwalk Bookshop
;  It really made me sad to DNF this one. I love this author, but this one just didn't do it for me.  Each one of the women in this book was so unlikeable.  Does everyone's life have to be a mess?  The women didn't seem like friends or even like this wanted to be friends.  I really didn't care what happened to them. Also, why is it always three women?  Why can't the books just focus on one at a time.  Too many storylines and too many perspectives.


The Love Hypothesis
:  I'm not sure what I disliked more, the "quirkiness" of the main character or her being yet another character who is an awkward hot mess yet is gorgeous without knowing it.  The hero is gorgeous.  Did I mention he was gorgeous?  But he is also grumpy.  Did I mention he is grumpy?  Because he is both of those things in case you forgot.  I am clearly in the minority when it comes to this book.



No comments: