Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2022

July Mini Musings



Fatal heat: 
This is a quick novella packed with insta-love and adventure.  I did enjoy my time with it. The characters were fun and had great chemistry. I don't really have much else to say about it.  I would recommend this one.

Sugar Rush
: I did enjoy the first book  in this series, but this one was just OK.  The couple annoyed me.  I did not care for Ava at all.  This couple should not be together.  They needed therapy.  But the biggest thing that I didn't like was the constant reference to New Bedford as a small town.  I live about 20 minutes from New Bedford, MA.  It is one of the bigger cities in the state.  It's not a small town. Maybe the author meant a fictional small town with the same name, but it still bugged me. I don't recommend this one.


Kiss My Putt:
  This is another recent romance that rubbed me the wrong way.  I just didn't love the couple in this.  I know they are supposed to be former best friends.  But a lot of their time apart could have been avoided with one conversation. There were some funny parts, but not enough to save it for me. I'm not sure I'll continue with the series.  

Deep Into the Dark
: I enjoyed this one.   I did think there were a few too many characters to keep straight in the beginning.  It ended being easier to follow along once the story started coming together.  But the msytery was enough to keep me interested.  I also liked Detective Nolan and Sam Easton enough to want to read the next book. 

Desolation Canyon
:  This is the sequel to Deep Into the Dark.  I actually liked this story a little bit more than the first book.  The story was a little more cohesive and easier to follow the different paths.  I really enjoyed all of the characters once again.  I look forward to seeing where they all for from here.  

2 Truths and a Lie
:  I have mixed feeling about this one.  I was enjoying it until it kind of went off the rails into unbelievability in the final act.  It was a quick read and I would say it's worth giving a try.  I have just read better by this author.



No comments: