Pages

Friday, July 22, 2022

Review: The Missing by Kiersten Modglin

Author: Kiersten Modglin
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Publication Date: October 2021

They disappeared…
That was just the beginning.
When five strangers are abandoned on an island without any idea where they are or whom to trust, their nightmarish new reality begins to unfold.

Someone is lying.
Someone is hiding a terrible secret.
They’d all do anything to get home… Wouldn’t they?

As the group struggles to uncover the truth about their mysterious whereabouts, only one thing is certain: every choice they make on the island will affect the others.

And when they uncover a strange note with a chilling revelation, the group begins to question everything they thought they knew. If they want to make it off the island alive, they’ll have to discover who brought them there and why…before it’s too late.

In The Missing, five strangers are left on an island and are told only one can survive in order to leave the island.  Told through Katie's point of view, we follow the five strangers as they navigate the island and try to survive. Overall, I thought this was a fun book.  I was intrigued enough to finish.

There was a twist that I didn't call toward the end.  I liked being in Katie's head. I wonder if I would have reacted the way she did if I was put in the same situation.  I will be honest, there were a few things that were very far-fetched.  You have to kind of suspend a lot of disbelief, especially in the end.  But I still thought it was fun. I listened to the audio version and thought it was well done.  It's a quick read and I would recommend it.


 

No comments: