Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Review: The Dinner Guests by Kiersten Modglin

Author: Kiersten Modglin
Publication Date: May 2022

 Six friends.
A lifetime of secrets.
One terrifying game.

When a group of friends receives unexpected invitations to a dinner party, they see it as a chance to finally meet the bizarre and reclusive new neighbor whose home is enshrouded in layers of security.

As the drinks are poured and dinner is served, the group begins to realize things are not what they seem. What starts out as an innocent night of fun soon becomes a seemingly calculated game filled with cryptic messages and chilling revelations.

With no way out, the guests are forced to play along in hopes of escape. Friendships fray, loyalties are tested, and the secrets they've kept from each other are revealed one by one.

Six friends walk into the house that night.
Will six friends make it out?

The Dinner Guests is a quick closed room (or house) mystery that had me guessing until the end.  It involves three couples from a neighborhood who get invited to a dinner party to meet their new neighborsSomething seems off about them, but the six friends are curious enough to attend.  That's where things go horribly wrong.

As I said, I was kept guessing until the end.  There were a few twists.  I thought the book was going one way and it went in a completely different direction.  It is told through a couple of points of view and that did work well for me.  I had no issue keep everyone straight. I'm not sure I would want these people as neighbors, but I did find myself rooting for them in the end.  There was some redemption among them.  My only complaint really was the lack of epilogue.  I wanted to know what happened next.  I do recommend this one.





No comments: