Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: The Unspoken by Heather Graham

Author: Heather Graham
Publisher: Mira (Harlequin)
Date of Publication:  July 2012

1898: Bound for Chicago, the freighter Jerry McGuen goes down in Lake Michigan, taking with it every man aboard. But what other fate could befall a vessel carrying the ill-gotten sarcophagus of an Egyptian sorcerer? 

Now: A veteran diver and ghost ship expert is exploring the legendary wreck for a documentary. He dies inexplicably inside the freighter's main saloon. Then another diver is killed and panicked rumors rise like bubbles from the lake: ancient demons have awakened below! 

The Unspoken is the 7th book in the Krewe of Hunters series.  The Unspoken was definitely better than the last one from this series, The Unholy.  (my review)  This time around, the team is sent to Chicago to investigate the death of a well known diver who is killed while exploring an ancient shipwreck.  It looks like he was scared to death.  Katya is sent to see if there is a case for the team to investigate   There, she is joined by Will Chan, member of the first Krewe of Hunters.  I was so glad he got his story, finally!

I liked the mystery a lot more.  I definitely didn't figure out who was responsible until the end. While this book deals with mummies and ancient curses again, I was able to connect with the story much more.  I loved the merging of the two teams on this case.  I was hoping that Will would get his own story.   Putting Kat with Will was just perfect.  I thought their attraction was strong and their fall for each other was effortless.  It didn't feel forced to me.  They were perfect for each other!

The 8th book, The Uninvited is out now.  I'll be reviewing that one soon! It looks like it is Tyler's story and I look forward to reading it!

No comments: