Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2019

May Mini Musings



Mary Rose:  While I did think this was a haunted and spooky story.  I also found it kind of confusing.  The ending made no sense to me and left me with more questions than answers.    I'm not sure I really understood the folklore behind the island.  It was a quick audiobook, but not one I would really recommend

Under the Northern Lights:  I thought this was a sweet adventure  romance.  I liked that it took place over a few months of isolation. It allowed me to buy into the couple's growing attraction and eventual love affair.  My only complaint was that I found some of the dialogue a little cheesy.  Still this is a couple you will root for and a story I do recommend.

Make Me Need: This is the fourth novella in the Make Me series.  While I enjoyed it, I think it was the least favorite of the four that I have read.  I didn't really feel the attraction between the main characters.  It just felt a bit forced and too fast for me.  The angst toward the end was a bit over the top and could have been avoided with a conversation.  Still, I do recommend it along with the rest of the series.

Silver Thaw:  This book was reminded me of Baby Love, which is one of my all-time favorite love stories.  It has a handsome man who rescues a woman and her child and they fall in love. The characters were fun, especially Jeb's family. I did ultimately enjoy it, but the ending was a bit far fetched. I do look forward to checking out the rest of the series.


No comments: