Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2021

July Mini Musings



Icing on the Cake:  I didn't love this one.  I thought Brian was kind of a douche. She gave in way too easily when he tried to get her back.  His mother was a piece of work and he should have had the balls to walk away long before he did.  If I was Cassie, I wouldn't be sure he wouldn't go back to her again. 

Scream for Me
:  This one picks up right after the events of Die for Me and features 
Special Agent Daniel Vartanian.  I wouldn't read this one without reading Die for Me.  This one does spoil that one.  I really liked this mystery.  It kept me on my toes.  The romance was a bit insta-love for me, but I still enjoyed it.  I highly recommend this one.

The Wedding:  I didn't love this one as much as the first book.  I did like the humor, but I didn't love the couple.  I didn't feel the chemistry between the couple.  I thought that Connor was annoying.  It wasn't bad, but it definitely dragged.  Read The Bride instead.  That one was better.


Smart Woman's Guide to Murder:  I felt like I was reading one of those older mysteries where the solution comes out of nowhere.  NO matter how you paid attention, you would never come up with the solution.  Agatha Christie, I'm looking at you!  This was a just OK mystery.  I normally love mysteries like this.  I didn't love the characters. They were all annoying. I'm not sure that I will read the next one.

The Bet
:  I really didn't love this one at all.  The only thing these two had was sexual chemistry.  The lack of communication was the biggest issue they had.  How did Sophie fall for Jude?  He treated her like a hook-up throughout the entire book.  Then she gets pissed when she "thinks" they had a love connection.  Ugh, no.  I didn't find Jude's family dynamic amusing.  I'm sure that is what the author was going for, but it didn't work for me.  

Room Service:  I enjoyed this one much more than Escape Room.  The characters were engaging.  The mystery kept me guessing.  That ending was a surprise. I was expecting it to be something completely different.  It's a quick read and I would recommend it for YA mystery readers.



No comments: