Pages

Friday, July 2, 2021

June Mini Musings

 



Cinderella Unmasked
:    I really enjoyed this one. The masquerade Cinderella theme mixed in the a Romeo and Juliet vibe was a great plot device. I was intrigued from the start and read the book fairly quickly. The plot was believable and relatable. I only wish what happened to the heroine before the events of the book was explored a bit more. Both main characters were well fleshed out. I found myself rooting for both of them and for their romance. They made me want to keep reading the book.

Love Overboard: This was just an OK read for me. I didn't find the characters all that interesting. I didn't feel any chemistry between the main characters. The story dragged for me in places. I did love the descriptions of Alaska and it made me want to go on an Alaskan cruise. 

Sacrifice and Seduction
: For the most part, I enjoyed this one.  But I was expecting more of a good girl bad boy vibe.  I never felt that.  I didn't care for the confrontation  toward the end. It felt like came really late in the story and was only there to get Karen to declare her feelings.   The chemistry was insane between the main characters. I felt like I got to know Edward much more than Karen.  I didn't get the bad boy vibe from Edward.  He was more of a stand up guy who made a mistake in his youth. Karen was hard to read in the beginning of the book, she came across as timid but then she was all of a sudden not.        
  
Die for Me:  This was another great addition to the romantic suspense series. I loved Vito and Sophie's romance.  The mystery was really good and had me hooked from the beginning.  This one also introduces  the characters for the next book Scream for Me. 

The Box in the Woods
:  I was a huge fan of this series that I thought was supposed to be a trilogy.  Honestly, I would have been fine if it had stayed as a trilogy.  This fourth book finds Stevie at a summer camp investigating a cold case for the owner of the camp.  This one dragged. I found myself getting bored.  The solution to the cold case was ridiculous and hard to believe that Stevie could put it all together in a couple of days.  It was basically handed to her honestly. It's not a bad addition,  I just found it disappointing..  

Some Choose Darkness:  This is the first book that features Rory Moore and Lane Phillips.  I found mty self hooked from the beginning and was compelled to follow Rory as she searches for a missing woman presumed dead. Rory is a forensic reconstructionist and has an uncanny way of solving the hard murder cases that police can't.  The story is told in dual timelines.  Secrets about Rory are revealed and there were a few surprises that I didn't call..  I highly recommend this one.

No comments: