Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Review: I'm Yours by Jennifer Van Wyk

Author
: Jennifer Van Wyk
Publication Date: November 2019

I left Lakeside, Montana heartbroken and lost with no desire to ever return.
But life had other plans.
Moving back wasn't what I wanted to do, but I'd do anything for my daughter Emmy. Including put myself in the path of Sadie Jones.
My daughter's new dance teacher.
The reason my heart was never fully opened to another was because it's always belonged to her.
When I watched Reed Sanders drive away from Lakeside, I knew my heart would never recover.
He was meant for more than what this town could offer him.
Than what I could offer him.
I tried to warn him to stay away from me, but he refused to listen.
If only he would have, maybe I wouldn't feel so broken.
The heart is mysterious. It can be closed off and broken at the same time.
It can hold room for more than one person.
And unfortunately, sometimes it takes danger lurking around the corner to make it choose a side.
All I can say is that I hope one day I finally hear the words... I'm Yours.

I'm Yours was a random pick from Kindle Unlimited.   In the story, Reed and Sadie grew up together on different sides of the tracks.  It never bothered Reed, but Sadie never felt good enough.  Reed left town12 years before with a broken heart and moved on.  After the death of his wife, Reed is back in town with his daughter to move on.  He never bargained on Sadie being his daughter's dance teacher..

I thought this was a very sweet second chance romance.  I loved the chemistry between Reed and Sadie. Having a history together made it that much stronger.  There wasn't a lot of angst between the two which was nice to see.  I also loved how much both of them had grown and matured over the time apart.  I admired how Sadie turned her love of dance into a successful business.  I'm not sure anyone knows that right amount of time to move on after losing a spouse. It's such a personal thing.  So, while I understood Reed's guilt, I was rooting for them to get together.  Along with the romance, there is a great and funny cast of characters in the town.   I loved Reed's parents!  It's the first book I have read by this author. I'll be checking out her back list for sure.  I highly recommend this one.


No comments: