Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Throwback Thursday - Stardust of Yesterday

Author: Lynn Kurland
First Published in 1996 by Jove

When Genevieve inherits a castle, she isn't expecting the incredibly sexy 13th century knight that accompanies it. Unfortunately, he's a ghost, so fantasy is all Genevieve and Kendrick de Paiget are able to share until Kendrick actually becomes corporeal, and Genevieve has to overcome her fear of the flesh. Hardly your normal problem with a ghost!

A friend of mine has been trying to get me to read any book written by Lynn Kurland  for years.  When I saw that the first one was available for download on my library's site for MP3, I decided it was time to give in.  I'm glad I did.  Stardust of Yesterday is unlike any paranormal romance that I have read before.  The premise is unique.  Genevieve and Kendrick both live in a castle and become friends.  They slowly fall in love with each other.  The catch...Kendrick is a 700 year old ghost.  


Parts of this book are heart-wrenching and I had tears in my eyes.  But, it is also filled with many humorous scenes and word play between the two lovers.  I loved Genevieve and Kendrick together and found myself holding my breath to see if they would have their HEA.  There are also a score of other characters that only enhance the story.  I hope some of them show up in later books.


I definitely recommend this throwback.  It is cheesy in parts, but such a sweet story that you can't help but want to ignore them.


--Kari

No comments: