Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Book Shout Out: Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon

by:  Michelle Gagnon
published by:  HarperCollins
publish date:  August 28, 2012

Sixteen-year-old Noa has been a victim of the system ever since her parents died. Now living off the grid and trusting no one, she uses her computer-hacking skills to stay safely anonymous and alone. But when she wakes up on a table in an empty warehouse with an IV in her arm and no memory of how she got there, Noa starts to wish she had someone on her side.

Enter Peter Gregory. A rich kid and the leader of a hacker alliance, Peter needs people with Noa's talents on his team. Especially after a shady corporation called AMRF threatens his life in no uncertain terms.

But what Noa and Peter don't realize is that Noa holds the key to a terrible secret, and there are those who'd stop at nothing to silence her for good.


I was a little bit surprised by how much I ended up liking this book.  Initially it took me awhile to get into it, the first couple of chapters I wasn't sure if I was going to stick it out or not.  I don't know what it was, but it just wasn't clicking with me.  However, I stuck with it and by the end I was totally engaged.

Looks like this is the first book of the Persephone YA series/trilogy.  I'm interested in seeing where it goes, it was a really exciting book.  I've been noticing it getting a lot of mentions on end of the year lists.  I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot more from Michelle Gagnon in the future

No comments: