Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Review: Edge of Oblivion by J.T. Geissinger


Author: J.T.Geissinger
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Date of Publication: October 2012

There exists a world beyond our own. It is a world of ancient magic and well-guarded secrets, a world of strict laws and harsh punishments for those who betray them, a world inhabited by the Ikati, a race of gifted people who are so much more than they first appear. Brought together by fate in this world of danger and beauty, two people with dark pasts will meet.


Edge of Oblivion is a well written, fast paced book.  Morgan is charged with treason and faces death.  A last minute assignment from the queen, may be the key to saving her life.  Xander is an assassin who is sent to Rome with Morgan to hunt down the Expurgari.  If she succeeds in finding them, she will be free.  Not finding them means Xander must end Morgan's life. Morgan and Xander are Ikati.  They are shifters and each possesses unique gifts.  The gifts are pretty cool.  Who wouldn't want to be able to walk through a solid wall?

I did enjoy the book.  I liked the connection between Xander and Morgan. Given the way mating and attraction works in the world of the Ikati, their romance was very believable   I always love when two people who have lost faith and hope in the future find that one is possible.  The other characters were engaging and interesting.  I hope to read more about Tomas and Mateo in the future.

While I did enjoy the book, I had the constant feeling that I was missing a lot of back story. It is a sequel and I don't really feel like this was a stand alone book.  I wish I had read the first one before this one.  I know I will be seeking it out the first book, Shadow's Edge, before I continue with the series.


No comments: