Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

I Dream of Danger By Lisa Marie Rice

Author: Lisa Marie Rice
Publisher: William Morrow
Date of publication: July 2013

When Nick Ross disappears from Elle Thomason's life, she is certain she'll never see the man she loves again—except in her dreams.

Ten years later, as a respected researcher breaking new ground in psychic phenomena, she sends a desperate call for Nick's help. One by one, her colleagues have started disappearing . . . and Elle knows she's next. An elite soldier, Nick never meant to hurt Elle, duty kept him away—and then she vanished. Now troubled by unusually vivid, disturbing dreams of Elle in danger, Nick will rescue the only woman he's ever wanted and bring her back with him to Haven. Though powerful men are after Elle and her special abilities, Nick will die before leaving her side again.


I Dream of Danger is the second in he "Ghost Ops Series".  I reviewed the first one, The Heart of Danger,back in April.  I was hoping to like this book more than the first one, but instead I found that I didn't enjoy it nearly as much.  It was just OK for me. The one thing that I did like about the book was that Nick and Elle's story isn't told through flashbacks.  Instead, it starts 10 years in the past.  We get to see how they met and how they ended up getting torn apart from each other.  I liked the linear aspect of the story instead of getting their back story in pieces.  


Nick and Elle were OK.  I thought that they got together a little too quickly for me once Nick finds her again.  Elle didn't have much will power. I'm not sure I bought Nick not being able to find her for the amount of time it took him to.  With all of their technology, it should have been a piece of cake.  I was also a bit disappointed that author set up the same "loss/resurrection" scenario with this couple in the end.  She already did it with Mac and Catherine in the first one.  


The story was a bit repetitive and went over the same material about Haven and its residents one too many times.  It ended up making the book longer than it needed to be.  I'm hoping that the author will tighten things up more in the next book and not go over the same ground again.  The ending was a bit of a cliffhanger and I do look forward to Jon's story next in Breaking Danger, which comes out later this year.




No comments: