Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Hero by Robyn Carr

Author: Robyn Carr
Publisher: Harlequin (Mira)
Date of publication: August 2013

In a moment of desperation, Devon McAllister takes her daughter and flees a place where they should have been safe and secure. She has no idea what is around the next bend, but she is pretty certain it can't be worse than what they've left behind. Her plan is to escape to somewhere she can be invisible. Instead, an unexpected offer of assistance leads her to Thunder Point, a tiny Oregon town with a willingness to help someone in need. 

As the widowed father of a vulnerable young boy, Spencer Lawson knows something about needing friendship. But he's not looking for anything else. Instead, he's thrown his energy into his new role as Thunder Point's high school football coach. Tough and demanding to his team, off the field he's gentle and kind...just the kind of man who could heal Devon's wounded heart. 


The Hero is the third book in the Thunder Point series.  I swear this series keeps getting better and better.  I have probably said ti before about this series, but the thing I am loving the most is the way the author includes many of the past characters.  It's like visiting with old friends.  I know I would love to live in a town like this one.

In The Hero, Devon has run from a commune with her 3 YO daughter.  She has come to realize that her idealistic life is really a prison and she wants to live freely.  Rawley picks her up in the highway and recognizes a lost soul in need of help.  He brings her to Thunder Point where she begins to make a life for herself and Mercy.  There she meets Spencer and their love story begins.

I loved Spencer and Devon together.  I admired Devon's caution about their relationship and commended her for wanting to take things slow.  Despite Spencer's freak-out, I thought they were great together.  But, even more than Spencer and Devon's relationship, I loved the bond that Devon and Mercy formed with Rawley.  We get to see more of his true personality in this book.  The way he took to being a "grandpa" was super sweet.

There's a lot of story-lines packed into this book, so you definitely don't want to miss this installment.  I have The Chance in queue on my TBR list.  I can't wait to read Eric and Laine's story!



No comments: