Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Books We Didn't Finish - April Edition


The Bookseller - I found this book extremely boring. I didn't like the main character as I found her very depressing. I didn't like the back and forth between the two realities.  In the end I just didn't care to find out which one was real.

The Taking - I know Autumn finished this one.  She will be sharing her thoughts later in May.  I just couldn't get into it.  I had a hard time with her suddenly being attracted to her boyfriend's younger brother. She is 21 and he is 17, that was creepy to me.I thought her anger toward everyone for the changes in relationships was irrational.  I mean she had been gone for 5 years.  Cut them some slack!


Forgers - I found this one dull with no likable characters.  I have a hard time reading a book when I don't even like the main character.


The Wicked Girls - I think this was the month for the boring books.  I had a hard time getting through the first 10% of this book.  It was depressing and boring.  I didn't like any of the characters enough to push through to the end.

Autumn:  Ok, so my class work has slowed down and I had spring break so I was going to READ.  I did actually finish some, but I'm clearing out a whole bunch of DNFs right now!

Ritual-When I'm in school I like audiobooks of series because I don't have to think too terribly much.  I already know the characters and such.  I just finished Mo Hayder's The Treatment and loved it, so I moved on to Ritual.  However, I couldn't get into it.  I couldn't even figure out what was going on an hour into the audiobook.

Signature Kill-It was too much like every other murder mystery.  The whole time I kept flipping back and forth checking to make sure I hadn't already read it, because it seemed so familiar.  It felt like mashup of several movies I've seen.
Blood of My Blood-I liked the first two books in this series, but I guess I hit the
third in the wrong mood maybe.  I felt like it was violence overload.  Especially for a YA series.  I understand it's no worse than anything kids would probably see on TV, but jeez it was pretty brutal.  I wasn't really interested in subjecting myself to that.

The Geography of You and Me-Every now and then I like to break up my dark and scary reading with some light and cutesy YA.  For the most part it usually makes me happy.  This book just didn't do it for me.  Maybe I was just in a cynical mood, but I had a hard time believing that in this day in age that the upstairs girl would give the time of day to the basement boy, and that the sullen teen boy would even take off his headphones to talk to her.  Therefore, this story would have never taken place.

Descent-It started off well.  I was really interested in where this story was going.  Then when part 2 started, the whole thing went off the rails and I got so confused about what was going on.  I couldn't figure who was who and what story line was going where.


The Burning Air-Too many characters!!  I felt like I needed a pen and paper for just the first couple of chapters to keep everyone straight.  It was so confusing.  It was too time consuming to keep flipping back and forth to figure how everyone was related.

H20-I had this book on my Amazon wish list FOREVER.  I was so excited to finally read it.  Oh I was so disappointed.  I didn't care for the author's style of writing.  The main character was terribly unlikable.

No comments: