Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist

by:  Josh Sundquist
published by:  Little Brown Books for Young Readers
publish date:  December 23, 2014

Josh Sundquist only ever had one girlfriend.
For twenty-three hours.
In eighth grade.

Why was Josh still single? To find out, he tracked down the girls he had tried to date and asked them straight up: What went wrong?


I never read non-fiction, but this book caught my eye.  I'm glad I made an exception.  This was one of the funniest books I've read in a long time.

Josh is 25 and he's never had a girlfriend.  He decides to conduct a scientific exploration as to why this has happened.  The book tells the story of all the girls he almost had an relationship with and his side of what went wrong.  Then he seeks out the girl in question and finds out from her many years later what went wrong from her point of view.  Every story is hilarious and heartbreaking.  I wanted to get all teenage girls to read this book so they might have an idea of what the average teenage boy is going through.  

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. It was so funny.  Josh tells his story in a way to which anyone could relate.  This book was a surprise favorite of the year so far!!  Go read it and check out the Par 3 golf story, I about died laughing.


No comments: