Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Wish List by Sylvia Day


Author: Sylvia Day
First published in 2005 by Ellora's Cave

When Nicolas James draws Stephanie Martin's name in their law firm's Secret Santa exchange he knows he's in for a merry Christmas-if he can figure out what to give the woman he's wanted for months. When he works late and finds a crumpled piece of paper listing Steph's personal wish list, he knows he's in luck. Because all Steph wants for Christmas is him, in a number of naughty ways.

And not-so saintly Nick is going to make every one of her carnal wishes come true.


OK, I know it is almost Easter. But I was behind and looking for a quick Throwback read for today.  I had this one in my pile and figured  why not?.  Wish List is a quickie Christmas novella by Sylvia Day.  It was published as part of Ellora's Cave "Quickie" White Hot Holidays line.  It's only about 44 pages, so it's definitely a quick read.

I thought the overall story was cute.  Nick has had the hots for Steph for a long time.  He has her as his Secret Santa.  After finding her very naughty wish list, he devises a plan to give her what she wants and hopefully more.  As with most novellas, I always wish they were longer.  I would have liked to see their relationship develop a little more.  But I did feel the chemistry between the two.  My only complaint was the secret son part of the story.  How can you work with someone for a few years and not know that they are divorced and have a kid?  I did find that stretching things a little. 

No comments: