Pages

Monday, November 28, 2016

November Mini Musings



The Gathering: This ended up just being OK for me.  I was excited in the beginning because it looked like ti would be a good YA fantasy.  But it ended up being an angsty teen romance with some supernatural elements that don't fully get explained by the end.   It ends in a cliffhanger, but I'm not totally sure I'll continue with the trilogy.

Ella the Slayer: I thought this was an interesting take on the Cinderella story.  Mix in some zombies and you have a neat fairy tale.  I enjoyed the story. The characters were interesting.  And while the romance was kind of insta-love, They usually are in fairy tales, right?  Ella was pretty kick-ass.  I definitely want to read the next one to see how it all plays out.

Rendezvous with Yesterday:  The second book in the Gifted Ones series, this book is Robert's story.  While not my favotire of the bunch, I still enjoyed the over all story.  I loved Robert and his men.  There were many laugh out loud moments with them.  I did like Beth, but I didn't love her at first.  I think the thing that made this one drag a bit was the amount of time it took for Beth to realize she was in a different time.  This author is a go to for me and I am looking forward to the next installment!

No comments: