Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Otherwise Engaged by Suzanne Brockmann


Author: Suzanne Brockmann
First published in 1997 by Loveswept

Widow Molly Cassidy inherits a rundown mansion that she hopes to renovate and turn into a B&B, but billionaire resort-owner Preston Seaholm wants to buy the waterfront property and won't take no for an answer.

This is the third book in the Sunrise Key Trilogy.  I was a bit disappointed that it didn't really have any of the characters from the first two book in it.  One makes a brief appearance but that's it really.  Out of the three, this was probably my least favorite.  I seemed like it was written as an afterthought and didn't  really fit with the first two. 

Preston is a billionaire who wants to buy Molly's house.  She won't sell.  In the ensuing pursuit, they fall for each other.  I liked both characters and did understand their reluctance to fall in love.  But they sped toward it anyway.  I'm not sure I totally bought into the scenario of let's pretend we are getting married.  It just felt too forced.  It's not a bad story, it just wasn't my favorite.

No comments: