Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Striker by Lilly Atlas

Author: Lilly Atlas
Audiobook by Audible
Narrated by Noah Michael Levine
Date of publication: September 2016

Dr. Lila Emerson is finally free of the shadow of her politically connected family, with her new job in a small town Emergency Room. But her new peace is shattered when she encounters the dangerous, but compelling Striker. He's everything she should stay away from, but all she craves. And since he keeps turning up in her ER, he's hard to avoid.
 
As Vice President of No Prisoners outlaw motorcycle club, Striker is no stranger to violence. But when it touches the pretty doctor he wants in his bed, he'll do anything to keep her safe. When Striker and Lila are thrust together, sparks fly and passions ignite. Before long they find themselves entangled in a relationship neither saw coming.
 
The MC can and will eliminate any threat against Lila, but what if they—and the man she's falling for—are the reason she’s in danger?


So the thing about motor cycle club stories is that you have to kind of let go of some of your morals.  The guys in this series are not saints by any stretch of the imagination.  Striker is definitely one of the more raw MC stories that I have read so far.  The story over all was fairly enjoyable.  I liked both Lila and Striker.  I liked their chemistry and banter.  The biggest mystery wasn't hard to figure out even with the couple of red herrings thrown into the mix.  the bedroom scenes were absolutely smoking.  My only complaint was that some of the dialogue in those scenes was a bit cheesy and made me laugh.  Not the effect I think the author was going for.

I listened to the Audible audiobook for this.  I thought the presentation was well done.  I enjoyed the narrator, Noah Michael Levine, and thought he did a good job with all of the voices. I was definitely engaged the entire time. I'd like to pick up the next book, Jester when it comes out.  He as a funny character and I can't wait to read his story.

No comments: