Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

August Mini Musings


A Danger to herself and Others: If you are a fan of unreliable main characters, you may enjoy this book.  For me, it was very predictable and didn't hold many surprises.  I liked enough to finish it, so there is that.  It wasn't as suspenseful as I was thinking it would be.

Unleashed: This was a solid followup to the first book.  Kate is definitely growing on me as a main character. The mystery was good and kept me guessing.  This is definitely a series I want to continue reading.

Downfall:  This book falls somewhere in the world of The Point series.  It can be read as a stand alone.  I love this author but this was probably my least favorite of all of the books by her that I have read.  I didn't really love either of the main characters.  I didn't feel their connection.  The ending was a bit too convenient.  It's still worth a read, I just didn't love it.

Don't Close Your Eyes:  This was another OK romantic suspense.  There were actually two mysteries included in the story.  The ending wasn't too surprising.  I didn't love the romance.  It was too fast for my liking.  I didn't feel the pull between the main characters.  I'll probably check out the next one.

There are Monsters Here:  I didn't care for this one.  None of the characters were likable. The main character was a bit selfish.  I also wasn't a fan of everyone acting like the missing sister was just quirky.  It seems like there was something really wrong with her and the parents ignored it.  I wouldn't really recommend this one.

Rage Against the Dying:  Autumn actually reviewed this one a few years back.  I finally got around to reading it.  I loved the main character as well as the mystery.  I was kept guessing from the beginning. If you haven't read it yet I highly recommend it.

No comments: