Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2022

November Mini Musings


The Lava Witch:  This is the third book in the Dark Paradise Mysteries series.  This is definitely the best on so far.  I liked the mystery  and was kept guessing.  The best part of this book was the change and growth in Kali.  The scene where she says goodbye to her boyfriend's boat was heartbreaking.  I look forward to the next one.

Want To Know a Secret?: I hated every character in this book.  But the twist was fairly good enough to save me from hating the book.  It's one best going into not knowing much.  It is worth a read.

Dear Jane
:  I thought this was a very sweet second chance romance.  I loved watching these two fall in love again. It's definitely a great romance that is worth checking out.

Unethical:  I wish I loved this more than I did.  I usually like second chance romances.  But this one was just OK.  That was a serious lack of communication.  A lot of things could have been cleared up with one conversation early on.  There was also too much inner thoughts.  I did like the ending, but the rest was just meh.

Bridge to Burn
: This is a solid addition to the series.  The mystery was good and kept me guessing.  I like that the characters are starting to work very well as a team. Seven books in, I kind of feel like I'm visiting old friends when I pick up one of these books.

Asher: I ended up really enjoying this second chance romance.  I felt so badly for Asher and his situation.  I was rooting for him to finally ask for help and realize he had a chosen family.  I loved him and Audrey together.  I highly recommend this one.

No comments: