Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Review: Cold Deceit by Toni Anderson

Author: Toni Anderson
Publisher: Toni Anderson Inc.
Publication date: December 2022

When forensic anthropologist Zoe Miller stumbles across a murder victim in the blisteringly hostile Sonoran Desert, she triggers a chain of events that puts her in the crosshairs of a ruthless killer.

FBI HRT operator Seth Hopper is on secret assignment near the Mexican border when he suddenly finds himself on a rescue mission. The former Navy SEAL is ordered to protect Zoe, whether she likes it or not, which sets them off on a cross-country journey back to Virginia.

Zoe has good reason not to trust a man like Seth, but there is no denying the scorching heat that flares between them, hotter than the desert sun. Can Zoe find justice for the murdered woman? Or will the killers close in to destroy them both…

Cold Deceit is the second book in the Cold Justice: Most Wanted series.  This one involves Seth and Zoe.  Zoe's job as a forensic anthropologist lands her in hot water with a drug cartel boss.  Seth Hopper happens to be on a mission in the area and ends up rescuing Zoe.  Turns out she is the daughter of the vice President and Seth is tasked to getting her across the country in one piece.

I am a big fan of this author's books and this one was no exception.  I devoured the book. I was looking for a good romantic suspense and this hit the spot.  It was fast paced with scenes that had me on the edge of my seat.  I loved the relationship that developed between Zoe and Seth.  There was definitely a lack of communication and I was rooting for them to figure things out.  The epilogue was really sweet.  I don't want to spoil the plot, so you'll have to read it.  I highly recommend it.


No comments: