Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Review: The Wild GIrls by Phoebe Morgan

Author: Phoebe Morgan
Publisher: William Morrow & Company
Publication Date: April 2022

 FOUR FRIENDS. A LUXURY RETREAT. IT'S GOING TO BE MURDER.

It's been years since Grace, Felicity, Alice, and Hannah were together. The "Wild Girls," as they were once called, are no longer so wild. Alice is a teacher. Hannah has a new baby. Grace is a homebody. Only Felicity seems to have retained her former spark.

Then Felicity invites them all on the weekend of a lifetime--a birthday bash in Botswana. It will be a chance to have fun and rekindle their once bomb-proof friendship... and finally put that one horrible night, all those years ago, behind them for good.

But soon after arriving at the luxury safari lodge, a feeling of unease settles over them. There's no sign of the party that was promised. There's no phone signal. They are on their own... and things start to go very, very wrong

The Wild Girls is another closed room mystery that ended up on my TBR recently.  This one follows four friends who have kind of lost touch the past couple of years.  One of them, Felicity, invites the other three to Botswana for a birthday celebration. When they get there, Felicity isn't around  and things aren't what they seem. Can they make it out alive?

This one was OK.  I was kept guessing and the ending was interesting.  However, my biggest issue was keeping the women straight. There were way too many perspectives and I kept forgetting who was who.  I also didn't like any of them, so it was hard to figure out who to root for.  The one who annoyed me the most was the mom, Hannah.  I'd love for once to read about a mom who isn't overtired, cranky and craving "adult" conversation.  It's such a cliché in books now.  So, would I recommend it?  I guess.  I think there are better close room mysteries out there.




No comments: