Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Books I DNF'd in March




It Ends at Midnight
:  I had to stop this one at about 35%.  I know I don't have to like all of the characters in a book to really enjoy it.  However, the characters in this one were awful people. I couldn't get invested in them at all.  I do not recommend this one.


Don't Open the Door
:  It really made me sad to DNF this one.  Maybe I'll try it again later.  But for now, I really could not get up the energy to finish it.  I was bored.  I felt like it was repetitive.  It didn't have the same vibe that I felt in the first book.  I didn't care for the main character at all.  She was one I loved in the first book.  It's the second in a duology, so I'll just have to be content with how the first one ended.


Girl Forgotten
:  I highly doubt that women were talking about the patriarchy in 1982.  Yet, they did in this book.  It just seemed like modern phrases were being inserted into a book that takes place partially in a different decade.  I also hate how the pregnant girl was treated.  It was so over the top.  I gave up.  


The Couple at No. 9
:  I wanted to like this one.  But given that I didn't like the only other book I have read by this author, I'm not surprised I DNF'd this one.  I was really so bored.  I didn't care about any of the characters or to find out the truth.  I kept zoning out on the audiobook, which is a sure sign I'm bored. 

No comments: