Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Review: Desert Rescue by Lisa Phillips

Author: Lisa Phillips
Publisher: Harlequin
Publication Date: January 2021
 
With his K-9’s help, can he save the son he didn’t know existed?

Rescuing a kidnapped child is part of the job for search-and-rescue K-9 handler Patrick Sanders—but this time it’s his son. Now Patrick and his furry partner must work with his high school love, Jennie Wilcox, to shield the little boy he just learned about. But with someone targeting them, will Patrick and Jennie survive to face their painful past and become a family
?

In Desert Rescue, Patrick rescues Jennie and her son from kidnappers. Jennie was his high school sweetheart and their reunion brings up old feelings.  I thought this was a good romantic suspense.  I'm not usually a fan of keeping a child's existence from his father, but there were extenuating circumstances in this one. I did love how Patrick embraced being a father.  I also enjoyed watching him and Jennie fall back in love.  It is a Christian romance, but wasn't too heavy in the religious talk.  

Desert Rescue is the first book in the K-9 Search and Rescue series from Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense line. The books in the series are written by different authors so I'm not sure they all take place in the same "world" .  So, I guess we will see. It's a quick read and I do recommend it.

No comments: