Pages

Monday, April 10, 2023

Review: The Romeo Arrangement by Nicole Snow

Author: Nicole Snow
Publisher: Ice Lips Press
Publication Date: July 2020

He never bothered with hello.
The shrieking hot stranger had me dizzy the instant he said we're engaged.
Then he chased off the bully on our heels and dragged me back to his place for the night.
Pure insanity, right?

Wrong.
You don't let pride do the talking when you're homeless, on the run, and hauling around your sick father in a truck so old it must've been on Noah's Ark.
You definitely don't complain when Ridge Barnet takes charge.
(In)famous heartthrob. Stinking rich. Fed up owner of one angry rooster. Eyes set to permanent storm.

Of course, it doesn't end there.
My unexpected Romeo doubles down on this ridiculous “fake fiancĂ©e” rescue scheme.
One blazing kiss shatters worlds.
I'm swept up in a small-town fairy tale, wishing I hadn't lost my faith in wishes years ago.

He's saving my life. Hero and done. Nothing more.
Prince Charmings don't really marry pumpkin farmers from Wisconsin.
Give me strength.
Tell me his gaze doesn't scream obsession.
Save me from his oh-so-believable growls.
Help me believe our little arrangement never, ever ends in “I do.”

The Romeo Arrangement is the first book in the Knights of Dallas series.  This one is Ridge and Grace's story.  It's a fake engagement romance which is normally one of my favorite tropes.  It didn't really work for me in this one.  I mean it's not a bad romance. I just didn't love it as much as I wanted to.

The story was way too long.  It could have been much shorter and probably would have been more enjoyable.  The characters were fine if a little boring. The fake engagement didn't' really fit with the story.  I never got the sense that it made a difference to the story.  I also wasn't a fan of the secret that Ridge ends up telling way too many people, in my opinion. That everyone was OK with it didn't seem genuine. I mean I get why he did it, but it didn't sit right with me.  There is a little bit of "suspense" with the romance. I liked that part of the book.  It added a little tenson to the story.  As for the bedroom scenes, I didn't care for them.  They were a little cringy.  Overall, not a bad romance but not great.  I may read the next one in the series

No comments: