Pages

Monday, April 17, 2023

Review: Staking His Claim by Tory Baker

Author: Tory Baker
Publication Date: March 2023

I want the one woman I should never touch.

Tulsa Rose has gone through hell and back.
We have a complicated history, becoming her guardian after a family tragedy is only the tip of the iceberg.
I sent her away.
It was the right thing to do, even if she felt like I turned my back on her.
The truth is, she was a temptation I couldn’t have.
She was way too young.

Now she’s home, ten years later.
I want her more now than I ever did.
Too bad she hates me.
It doesn’t matter.
I’m not walking away from her again.
She belongs to me, she always has.
I’m staking my claim once and for all.

Staking His Claim is the second book in the Men in Charge series.  It is a complete stand alone from the first book, so you don't have to have read that one to read this one.  This one is Tulsa Rose and Ledger's story.    I thought this was another sweet yet steamy romance.  I enjoyed getting to know the characters and thought their chemistry was perfect.  One of the things I appreciated was that the story takes place ten years after the prologue.  I liked that Tulsa had time to spread her wings and gain  maturity out in the world before she came back home.  Their second chance relationship was better for it.  

There is not must angst, which I appreciated.  Toward the end there are two other relationships mentioned and I would love to get a peek into their stories, especially Nelly's.  Her back story kept being hinted at, but we never get to hear it.  Maybe in the future this author will give us her story. I do recommend this one.


No comments: