Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Beneath These Shadows by Meghan March

Author: Meghan March
Publisher: Red Dress Press
Date of publication: October 2016

The only permanent thing in my life is the ink I put on my clients.
I drift from city to city, in and out of beds, from one tattoo shop to the next.
Every time I start to put down roots, I rip them up.
Until New Orleans.
Until her.
She’s everything I’m not.
Full of fire and life. An innocent where I’m a sinner.
I want to consume her. Protect her. Keep her.
But first, I have to escape from beneath these shadows.
 


Beneath These Shadows is the latest in the "Beneath" series.  After not loving Beneath These Lies, I was a little hesitant to try this one out.  I was pleasantly surprised and felt like the writing was back on track.  This is Bishop's story.

He never stays in one place for too long because has been on the run from demons from his past,  He is working with his sister at the tattoo shop when he rescues Eden in front of the shop.  Eden is the daughter of a notorious mob boss who is forced to go into hiding.  She has lived a pretty sheltered life and looks at her exile as an opportunity to spread her wings.   I loved them together.  The tension between them just popped off the pages.  This was a quick fall into love, but I totally bought into it. Bishop is now on my ever growing favorite alpha book boyfriend list.  

There is a great mystery and a couple of twists in the story.  I loved how all of the friends rallied around Bishop and Eden to help them out.  That is one thing I missed from the last book...the friends from first books.  They were one of the things I have always liked about this series.  I definitely recommend this one.  I hope that Hennessy gets his own story next.  I'd love to catch up with him.

No comments: