Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

The Submissive by Tara Sue Me

by:  Tara Sue Me
published by:  Penguin Publishing
publish date:  February 7, 2013

Abby King has a secret fantasy.

New York knows Nathaniel West as the brilliant and handsome CEO of West Industries, but Abby knows he’s more: a sexy and skilled dominant who is looking for a new submissive. Yearning to experience a world of pleasure beyond her simple life as a librarian, Abby offers herself to Nathaniel, to fulfill her most hidden desires.


I've been in a major reading funk.  Seriously, nothing at all looks good to me.  I decided since I didn't die reading the last romance, that I'd try something else in the genre that I generally avoid.  This was the first book that showed up as available at the library.  Side note, don't listen to a bdsm audiobook when doing things like going through a drive thru.

The Submissive reminded me of a mash up of 50 Shades and Beauty and the Beast.  Nathaniel was a rich single guy that is secretly a dominant.  Who does that remind you of??  Abby and Nathaniel start a D/s relationship, complete with contract.  Sounds familiar.  Then they fall madly in love with each other.  (....) As a show of his infatuation with her, he gives her the library as her space in his house.  I know I've heard that one before.

The story was sort of eh.  The sex scenes were kind of hot though.  I don't know that I'd read the rest of this series.  It has fairly high ratings on Goodreads so I guess people are liking these kinds of books.  I will find one of these kinds of books that doesn't make me scoff at it.

No comments: