Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2021

April Mini Musings



The Path to Sunshine Cove:  This is the second book in the Cape Sanctuary series. I enjoyed the first one, but didn't really love this one.  I had a hard time connecting with the characters.  I also didn't love the romance.  IT takes place over a very short period of time and it was too fast.  I also didn't care for the sister's story. It was just a so-so read for me.

Escape:  I was pleasantly surprised by this horror/thriller.  I love escape room stories and this one hit the spot.  It's best going into it with not knowing a lot.  I loved not knowing who to trust.  The characters were intriguing, especially the main character.  I loved the twists and the ending. The author didn't hold back when it came to the gore.  I highly recommend. this one.

Enjoying the Show: I had mixed feeling about this book.  The heroine complains about how people talk about her at work because she is well endowed and blonde, yet she spends every Friday night with her friends as they ogle the hot neighbor next door. It wasn't a great look.  Ultimately, it did end up being a cute romance, but the beginning left a bad taste in my mouth.  

Haunt Me:  I thought this was a great YA ghost story,  It was the just the perfect level of scary for any upper lever middle grade reader.  It also had a great message about grief and learning how to move on after a tragedy. As well as how children can spend time after tragedy thinking it was their fault.  I definitely recommend this one.


No comments: