Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Books I DNF'd in April

 


The Mountains Wild
:  I tried to read this book twice.  Both times I gave up at about the same 30%.  I was really bored.  I kept getting lost in which time frame I was reading.  The book goes back and forth between the present and the first time the main character goes to Ireland to look for her cousin.  There were too many times I had to suspend disbelief on what would really happen.  I didn't care to see how it ended.



Every Vow You Break:  I was excited to read this one because I enjoyed this author's previous work Eight Perfect Murders.  I stopped listening to this one at about 10% in.  I hate cheating to especially when the character I am supposed to like and root for does it.  Nope, not gonna happen. I couldn't get past it, so I didn't waste my time.



The House of Dark Shadows:
  I thought this one would be a good YA fantasy, but it ended up just being cheesy.  The characters were annoying and the dialogue was cheesy.  I heard it ends on a cliffhanger and knowing I probably wouldn't like to continue in the series, I decided it wasn't worth my time.


The Lazarus Files:  I was disappointed to give up one this because I love true crime.  However, it was so packed with unnecessary information that I got so bored.  For instance, the author kept going off on tangents about other crimes, like OJ and the Night Stalker.  I ended up reading a true crime website to get the facts instead.


No comments: