Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Review: Will to Live by Rachel Amphlett

Author: Rachel Amphlett
Publisher: Saxon Publishing
Publication Date: April 2017

When a packed commuter train runs over a body on a stretch of track known to locals as ‘Suicide Mile’, it soon transpires that the man was a victim of a calculated murder.

As the investigation evolves and a pattern of murders is uncovered, Detective Sergeant Kay Hunter realises the railway’s recent reputation may be the work of a brutal serial killer.

With a backlog of cold cases to investigate and attempting to uncover who is behind a professional vendetta against her, Kay must keep one step ahead of both the killer and her own adversaries.

When a second murder takes place within a week of the first, she realizes the killer’s timetable has changed, and she’s running out of time to stop him…

Will to Live is the second book in the Detective  Kay Hunter series.  This time around, Kay and her team are investigating a series of suicides that just might be murder.  She is also continuing her investigation on who has it out for her.

I am loving this series.  I know it's only book two, but I have a good feeling about the other books.  I can definitely say that the characters are the biggest reason for my enjoyment.  I love the comradery between Kay and her collogues.  As I said about Kay in the last one, she is a breath of fresh air when it comes to cops.  She is smart, tough and has a lot of compassion.  I also still love Adam and how he is a wonderful support for Kay.    The main mystery in this one was full of surprises and I was sucked right in.  Kay also discovers a bit more information regarding her personal case.  That case is getting more exciting and more dangerous.    If you haven't checked it out yet, I highly recommend this one as well as the first book.



No comments: