Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close

by:  Jennifer Close
published by:  Knopf
publish date:  August 9, 2011

Wickedly hilarious and utterly recognizable, Girls in White Dresses tells the story of three women grappling with heartbreak and career change, family pressure and new love—all while suffering through an endless round of weddings and bridal showers.

I ended up only giving this book 2 stars on Goodreads.  I didn't completely hate it, but I didn't care for it either. 

The book centered around 3 twenty something women trying to get their lives started.  I didn't particularly care for any of the characters because I couldn't relate to any of them.  I don't know anyone like them.  As an outsider I couldn't feel sympathy for them because their problems were their own doing. 

The book's one redeeming quality was that it was really funny.  There were parts that I was just cracking up dying laughing.  I could say read it for that alone.  The comments of the character Lauren were enough to get me through the book. 

2 comments:

Megan said...

I really want to read this book! I love the title and the cover as well, sounds like a sweet story.

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

http://www.storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

Admin said...

My first instinct is that this sounds a little like Four Weddings and a Funeral.