Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Review: Jesse by C.H Admirand

Author: C. H. Admirand
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Date of publication: July 2, 2012

Jesse Garahan no longer believes in love. Until he meets Danielle Brockway and her tiny daughter, Lacey, on their way to their new home in Pleasure, TX.   Danielle’s worthless ex-husband left her high and dry, and now she’s looking for a simple small-town to start over in—and then she meets Jesse. She just can’t seem to help herself where long-limbed, swaggering Texas men are concerned. Suddenly, life is anything but simple. 

Jesse is the third book in the "Secret Life of Cowboys" trilogy by C. H Admirand . The other two books, Tyler and Dylan, feature his brothers stories. I liked this one the most out of the three books. I thought it had the most in the way of plot and love story. The characters were fun, especially little Lacey who definitely felt older than her age of almost 4. It was nice to catch up with some of the other characters from the earlier books. The author also introduces some other family members that I look forward to seeing in future books (Maybe?)

While I liked the book, I had some mixed feelings about it.  On one hand, I felt that despite the speed at which their relationship developed, I believed in their relationship. Ultimately, it felt like it was based on more than lust.  I loved how Jesse fell for his little pink cowgirl and her beautiful mother, Caitlin.  But on the other hand, I was a little surprised at how quickly Caitlin fell into bed with Jesse, especially after her relationship with her ex-husband.  It felt a bit off to me that she would give in that easily.  I did enjoy their HEA though.

Being a part of the series, I do suggest that you read the other two before this one.  There are recurring characters and a small story arc that might make a reader feel a little lost. 

No comments: