Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Revisiting The Passage by Justin Cronin

The Passage by Justin Cronin was one of my favorite books in 2010.  It was one of the first books I wrote about back when I started this blog. 

The link to the original post is here.

The next book in the trilogy comes out in October.  It's called The Twelve.  I've been waiting for it since...well August of 2010.  Here we are two years later and I only have to wait 2 more short months for it to come out.  You may remember it was featured as one of my Most Anticipated Books of 2012.

In preparation for the release of The Twelve, I've been rereading The Passage.  It's a big book, I'm sure some of the details have escaped my mind in all this time.  Once again I am reminded of why I loved this book so much.  Cronin has a way of making his characters so real and I love all his little backstories about each of them.  Only Stephen King does this better and seriously he's the master.

Again, I can't recommend enough listening to the audiobook.  Scott Brick is awesome with the narration.  I've found in my poking about that he's done the narration for The Twelve as well so I'll definitely be checking that out when I get a chance.

If you haven't read The Passage, right now is the perfect time because you'll be able to read the next book in just a few short weeks.  Even if you're vampired out like I've been, these aren't like vampires you've ever seen before.  This book will blow your mind!


No comments: