Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Review: The Princess and the Peer by Tracy Anne Warren

Author: Tracy Anne Warren
Publisher: Signet 
Date of Publication: April 2012
Audio-book: Tantor Media
Narrator: Justine Eyre

When a royal summons from her brother arrives, Emma knows it’s time to embrace her duties as the princess of a small European kingdom, and marry the man her brother has chosen for her…a stranger she has never met. Instead she does what any self-respecting princess would do—she runs away. All she wants is one week in London. One week to experience everything life has to offer, before she is locked away in a loveless marriage forever…

This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Warren.  I know I will be seeking out more of her works. The Princess and the Peer was a random pick off of my library's audio-book shelf.  Occasionally, I can find a recently published book that sounds good.  I was hoping for a good romance and I wasn't disappointed.  

After learning she is to be married off to a king in order to save her country, Emma runs away to experience a little fun before the inevitable.  What she didn't count on was meeting and falling in love with Nick.  Emma and Nick are so perfect for each other. It was fun to watch them fall in love. I especially loved the pub scene!   It was heartbreaking knowing there was so much in the way of them being together.  I was so hoping they could figure out a plan for them to get their HEA.  I loved the end and how it worked out.  The solution was a nice surprise.

The other characters, mainly Emma's other princess friends were wonderful and a lot of fun.  I know that they are the other princesses in the last two books of the trilogy.  I especially loved Ariadne and her forward thinking.  She snubs her nose at convention and hates the situation that Emma is being forced into.  I wonder if she and Prince Rupert will end up together?  Princess Mercedes's story, Her Highness and the Highlander, is the next book and comes out in November.  I will definitely be looking for it to hit the shelves.


No comments: