Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2022

September Mini Musings Part II



The Fear
:  I wish I could say I liked this one.  I'm beginning to think this author isn't for me.  I figured out the killer very early on. I also wasn't a fan of the ending.  The characters were annoying.  I don't really recommend it.


Buried Lies:  This is the second book in the Crimson Point series.  I really liked this one. I loved how the town embraced and allowed her to find a true home.  I did figure out the serial killer solution, but I didn't mind.  The rest of the story made up for that.  This series has great characters and I look forward to the next book.


Hold Me Until Midnight:  Jackson is definitely on my book boyfriend list. I really enjoyed watching this couple fall in love.  It was also refreshing to see Jackson's insecure and vulnerable side.  It made him that much more likable.  I also liked his relationship with his brothers.  I look forward to their books.


Dig Two Graves:  I thought this was a fun take on the Strangers on a Train movie.  I liked the main character ,ashough she did make some dumb decisions.  The twist at the  end was unexpected.  Not my favorite of this author's but still a fun YA thriller.

How to Survive Your Murder
:  This was an entertaining YA horror.  I did like amount of twists and the solution.  The ending was a great classic horror ending.  The characters were a little clichĂ©, but it wasn't overly annoying.  I would recommend this one.

Number One Fan:  If you have read Misery, you've read this one with a role reversal. I didn't love it.  There were WAY too many flashbacks that it took me out of the tension.  The book took me forever to finish.  Not even the audio helped. I don't recommend this one.

No comments: